Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Transplants and more seeds

I transplanted my starts Saturday. I put in the Basque peppers, the Genovese basil, white ribbed chard and the white eggplants  (seeds from Monticello) as well as the flower, Salpiglosis.  I also purchased and transplanted 4 common sage and a rosemary officinalis named Tuscany. 

I then started some more seeds, one set is a new pepper that a friend gave me, Padron peppers.  These are a pepper that is sauteed and served with salt as a tapas dish. I am hoping enough will come up to grow some for myself and to give her for her garden when she returns from travels. I also planted flat leaf parsley, borage, chives, and a columbine variety, Mrs. Scott Elliott.  I also tucked a few Detroit Red beet seeds directly into the bed with peas and carrots.  It was a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to start seeds! I love propagation, though I'm a beginner at it. Beginner's joy is perhaps the most intense - combined as it is with total amazement that it actually works! It'll be a while before I try my hand at food - have to install a virtual prison for the food plants so others of the 4 footed and winged varieties don't eat them first!

    ReplyDelete